4/27/09

Oh! Oh! I'm a Blogger!!

I think my cousin doth praise me too much, and I blush. But I am so happy to be writing here!! Hi everyone, I am K Dawg's cousin - yes, the girl twin that the poor guy had to dress like. Even at five I knew he had the raw deal of the two of us. I could rock overalls any day of the week, but God help him if my Mom was in a Holly Hobby phase and I came into Grandma's living room wearing something with a smock. Luckily, it never went that far.

I'm sure by now all of you faithful readers have become well acquainted with K Dawg's wit, philosophical guru like qualities, and innate charm. He mentioned that my father was the only boy out of six Irish Catholic kids, but he didn't mention that out of the resulting nieces and nephews, only two were girls, and, for awhile, I was the youngest. Which meant I had all these incredibly cool older cousins who could make me laugh until I embarrassed myself with either milk out the nose or a quick sprint to the rest room. It was so unfair. All my Care Bear jokes just fell flat, I sucked at kick boxing, and it would be years before I understood several choice innuendos.

So I take his praise of my first draft with true gratitude, because frankly, K Dawg has always exemplified my highest standards of creativity. Long before I started teaching yoga and meditation I remember sitting legs akimbo out in the summer grass carrying on great philosophical discussions with him, and then being in total awe when he just started writing fiction and poetry because he had to.

My real name is Kelly and over the course of my blogging I may send you links that show me in real action, but I decided to blog as Kaye Ferrick because, well, what the hell? This is actually the name of one of my novel's characters, and while I don't think I will be writing as her per se, it's kinda fun to have an alter ego to mess around with on the internet, no?

More soon! Thanks for having me!